Hey, I'm Only Thinking About Doing…
As I rinsed my cup this morning from my herb tea I had at bedtime it occurred to me that our habits of 'Non Doing' can add up to a lot less stress, stuff and sweeping up.
Here is a small, 'doable' list for you to use today.
- Reuse your coffee cup. Just give it a rinse, don't grab a clean one.
- Have fruit for a snack, nature's fast food rather than reaching for processed or packaged junk. If you're hungry, you can have more than one! No garbage and no dishes and compost for your garden.
- Scale down on laundry, stuffed closets and piles of clothing. Sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Here's how. Choose your signature look. Get rid of all the other stuff. It can be colour or a certain kind of t-shirt or sweater for example. 3 – 5 days worth of clothing should do the trick depending on how many people – ie laundry days – you have. I got this idea from Leo Babauta of Zen Habits. He wears a simple t shirt in a few different colours. You might want to read his article – Stillness Is a Powerful Action.
- Drink water instead of other stuff. Save money, save power, save garbage and do something good for yourself.
- Leave the radio, computer, tv, ipod and any 'sound' distraction off today and get in touch with yourself. You will be surprised at how interesting you are!
You can try all of these today or pick one for each day of the week.
I'd love to hear how it goes for you in the comment section below. Did you think of any new ones?